A horribly busy week followed by a three-day weekend means that my post this week will short and sweet. Plus, Sean (the comic book geek in training) is next to me and kicking me in the ribs while I type. I’m currently awaiting the new Black Angels album to come in the mail, but Amazon.com’s shipping is slow. I’m starting to think they hold up super saver shipping to encourage people to pay more. Again I ask my readers to let me know if there are any quality indy record stores out there with a good web pressence.
First, let’s start with comics. i thought it was going to be a light comics week but then my pile grew yet again with all kinds of good stuff. Some day I’ll be sharing my thoughts on comics’ arcs from a year earlier, confusing everyone. In the meantime some place to check out include:
- Local writer Zach Smith writes that Dark Horse is reprinting a very cool series called Gantz. The idea, the art, it all looks very cool and I’ll have to check it out when it’s released.
- LOTRKing writes about the latest Captain America, Mighty Avengers, and Fantastic Four. Watch out, he provides pretty good plot details so read this after you’ve read the issues.
- After some vacation and delays, the AVClub has posted its biweekly comics panel.
In music, a few things to note:
- Mudhoney of all bands is getting some love. Their early work is being reissued, and they have a new album, The Lucky Ones coming out. It’s nice to see the best band who never got noticed by the public finally get some notice.
- Tom Petty has gotten back together with Mudcrutch. I’ve heard some of it on Sirius and it’s not half bad.
Finally, who says that video games have no redeeming social value, suck up too much time and make kids fat?!? Now we have the Wii Fit. Oh yeah, and I guess a few big movies have come out but something keeps stopping me from being able to go. Have a great weekend everyone!